AML Officer – West End based bank – 2nd Line Financial Crime Compliance Team
AML Officer - West End based bank – 2nd Line Financial Crime Compliance Team
FJR Financial Services is representing a West End Bank to hire a permanent AML Officer. Our client is looking for someone with a minimum of 3- year's AML/ Financial Crime Compliance experience within a similar company/ banking institution.
The ideal candidate will be working within a small Compliance team, specifically working their AML Financial Crime team and be fully responsible for preventing any Money Laundering, fraud prevention, anti-bribery corruption, sanctions and any related Financial Crime.
The ideal candidate should ideally have Compliance/ AML Financial Crime experience support Treasury trading, or Trade Finance activities.
Experience & Skills required:
• Acting as an AML Officer for the prevention of money laundering, fraud prevention, anti-bribery and corruption, sanctions, financial crime and compliance.
• Assist in identifying, assessing, monitoring and managing money laundering risk in a manner that is comprehensive and proportionate to the nature, scale and complexity of the Bank.
• To assist management to develop and maintain an effective anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing and financial crime compliance culture.
• Supporting the Bank’s compliance with the FCA’s rules on anti-money laundering systems and controls, including anti-bribery and corruption, sanctions and fraud.
• Assist with the development and maintenance and implementing and monitoring the effectiveness of systems and controls and in ensuring that they continue to comply with the Bank’s anti-money laundering regulatory obligations.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of adequate and effective anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing policies and procedures.
• Provide the Business lines with advice and guidance in the day-to-day operation and of such policies.
• Assist as and when required to keep up to date and propose amendments to the Bank’s policies and procedures on AML, Financial Crime and terrorist financing, keeping in line with requirements of appropriate UK legislation, regulations, guidance and best practice appropriate to the Bank.
• To assess any departures from procedures and appropriate escalation to the MLRO, and notifying senior management as appropriate.
• To assist the MLRO in completing and ensuring all relevant regulatory returns are submitted by Financial Control department.
• As and when required, promptly respond to any reasonable or appropriate request for information from the FCA and /or law enforcement agencies.
• As and when required liaising with the FCA, NCA and other external agencies.
• Support and where required to develop and deliver anti-financial crime training in line with the Bank’s training plan, its standards and scope, and assist in the recording of such training.
• Assist the MLRO in handling, reviewing and processing as part of second line of defence function the payment and screening, sanctions screening and transaction monitoring as a Second Line of Defence function.
• To undertake regular monitoring of the First Line of Defence functions, such as CDD and Transaction Monitoring and provide detailed reports of issues identified and remedial actions required.
• Assist in assessing the development and execution the Bank-wide risk assessment.
• Support the management focus on money laundering risk in individual business areas.
• To assist the MLRO with Fraud prevention liaison.
• To assist the MLRO in the preparation of relevant management information; including but not limited to the Annual MLRO Report.
• Any other duties and tasks, as required and as directed by the MLRO and Senior Management.
Experience & Skills required:
• Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience within a 2nd Line Financial Crime Compliance Team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Ability to work with a good degree of autonomy and as part of a team.
• Strong analytically and numerically.
• AML Qualification (ICA or ACAMS) preferred
£40 k pa - £42 k pa, plus bonus, pension etc, dependent upon experience.