The Real Assets Team at FJR Finance is delighted to be working with a leading player in the UK Healthcare market to source them an Analyst to aid with further expansion and to assist with asset management.
This position will be a key member of the Real Estate team directly supporting the Chief Investment Officer. The Analyst will provide support in sourcing real estate investments, underwriting and credit analysis of potential new investments as well as be involved in post-closing portfolio management and investment monitoring. This position will be based in London.
The Analyst will be primarily responsible for underwriting and financially analysing each opportunity, as well as performing property and market due diligence, preparing investment memos for committee and playing an active role in the asset management and sale of investments.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities will include:
- Performing detailed financial and market research and analysis that forms the basis for decisions on new equity investments of the firm.
- Screening new investment opportunities and perform asset-level and market-level due diligence.
- Preparing various complex Excel financial models including cash flow analysis, IRR’s and structuring.
- Accompany the CIO on asset inspections and tours.
- Understand and critically evaluate the existing and potential operating characteristics of a project (Revenue, expenses, capital expenditures, tenant credit, leases).
- Communicate conclusions into a comprehensive narrative to be presented to senior management for consideration and approval. Participate in Underwriting and Investment Committee discussions.
- Analysing investment performance including maintaining and updating investment valuations and financial models as well as keeping track of relevant current market activities.
- Assisting in negotiating and preparing corresponding legal documentation including Loan and JV Agreements.
- Assisting in investment closings liaising with consultants to make sure completion mechanics run smoothly
- Meeting with management teams and sponsors when assessing new investment opportunities and monitoring the existing portfolio.
- Participate in and provide support for the ongoing asset management of each investment, including financings and refinancings, major asset-level decisions and the eventual sale of each property.
- University degree
- CFA would be desirable
- Reasonable finance experience.
- Previous experience in real estate investment banking or real estate private equity will be highly favoured.