Asset Management Corporate Actions, Dividends & Reconciliations Analyst
The RoleAsset Management Corporate Actions, Dividends & Reconciliations Analyst
FJR Finance is representing a global, City-based Asset Manager to hire a temporary Asset Management Corporate Actions, Dividends & Reconciliations Analyst to join their Asset Management Corporate Actions, Dividends & Reconciliations Analyst team. The position will be “working-from-home” until further notice and is an initial 6-month temporary contract, to likely start asap in January 2021. Please note that there is a definite chance for the role to be extended, or even made permanent. The company is a very successful global company and the department is a very busy area and a critical support function to their Front Office. Our client is hiring due to high workloads within the team.
Working as part of their London Operations group, the chosen candidate must have a strong working knowledge Corporate Actions, Dividends & Reconciliations (5-years’ plus experience), ideally having strong working knowledge of a wide range of instruments including Equities, Fixed Income, or Funds. In addition having strong working knowledge of Asset Management Corporate Actions, Dividends & Reconciliations for other asset-classes will also be highly advantageous, including FX/ MM, CFD’s.
The role is fully responsible for Corporate Actions, Dividends & Reconciliations and supporting the front office Fund Managers for any Operations related requests. .
Our client is looking for Corporate Actions, Dividends & Reconciliations, ideally from either an Investment Management, Asset Management, Hedge Fund, or potentially Investment Banking background.YOUR ROLE
Role & ContextNeed to DoSkills & ExperienceNeed to BePurpose
- Work within a team of five reporting directly to a manager
- Process security corporate events with the aim of updating portfolio holdings
- Liaise with Fund managers to instruct and reflect their investment decisions of corporate actions on their portfolio holdings.
- Team is responsible for Equity Fixed Income & Total Return portfolios, for long/short positions
- Instrument coverage includes equities, bonds, CFDs, Repos and loans
- Scrub Corp Act events in TLM CoAc and ensure timely posting of all corporate events
- Reconcile cash and stock entitlements
- Investigation of reconciliation exceptions relating to Corp Act events
- Resolution of internal/external queries
- Testing of new processes
- Other ad-hoc or project work as delegated to you
Decision Making Authority
- Establish effective working relationships with internal stakeholders (FMs/Data/Reconciliation teams)
- Well developed contact with custodians, brokers and outsourcers
• Works under the direct responsibility of the team head Qualifications:
- Educated to A-level standard
- Full knowledge of Corporate actions, end to end processing
- Experience of handling complex events an advantage
- Production of dividends and coupons on different instruments e.g. equities, bonds, CFDs
- Good knowledge of corporate action SWIFT messages.
- Bloomberg/Telekurs/ or similar
- Understanding of proxy voting workflow an advantage
Values & Behaviours:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience gained in asset management in a corporate actions processing related role
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Disciplined, rigorous and forward thinking
- Results oriented
- Extremely diligent and have a good attention to detail
- Have a proactive approach to error and problem solving
- Technically competent in the analytical use of data
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Collegiate with good team working skills
- Good organization skills – able to plan and manage time effectively to achieve and meet objectives
- Good team working skills
£200 per day - £300 per day, dependent upon experience.