FJR Finance is representing a boutique, but global Mayfair based Asset Management company, to hire an Institutional Operations/ Investment Operations Analyst. The role is a very exciting opportunity and is live due to growth.
Our client is looking for a bright, graduate calibre individual with either little, or some working experience i.e. up-to 2-years experience within Banking Operations and who is committed to a career within Asset Management Operations.
The position has a 50:50 split, supporting their European and US Wealth Management and Institutional clients (Pension companies, large corporate investors).
The role is an excellent opportunity for a bright and hard-working individual to join a very successful small, but still global and very successful Asset Manager. The position requires a very strong individual, who is coachable and dedicated, who is able to listen and be trained to initial work remotely/ working-from-home, but with the view to going back to the office after the UK Government/ company request you to be back.
The role is due to growth as their US office has grown year-on-year in the last 3-years and due to the size of the company, the role is broad and requires the chosen candidate to have the relevant Performance Reporting & Client Reporting experience (Performance Reporting being the most sought after skill-etc), as well as either:
This is a great opportunity to be part of a smaller London firm, with rich backing and a very successful business model. In addition, the role offers strong exposure to the rest of the business and the Operations department works closely with Compliance, Fund Managers/ Trading teams, Client Services, Legal and Sales etc.
Our client is seeking a proactive and professional individual to serve as Institutional Operations Associate. Candidates are invited with, no, or limited, experience of working within the investment management sector with collective investment schemes. Full on the job training will be provided. The position requires a high level of attention to detail, proactivity and flexibility in best serving our clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with the operational and administrative oversight of the company’s UCITS funds (together, the Funds) and institutional separate accounts
• Monitoring daily investor inflows and outflows
• Monitoring all Fund invoices and expenses
• Monthly review of the Funds expense budgets and total expense ratios
• Providing portfolio managers support on portfolio valuation queries
• Maintaining static fund and investor static data
• Preparing internal monthly AUM reports
• Reviewing semi-annual and annual financial reports for the Funds
• Reviewing quarterly rebate and trail commissions
• Supporting launch of new sub-funds and share classes
• Preparing UCITS KIIDs, EMT and EPT
• Supporting the preparation of quarterly board reporting materials
• Collaboration with the company’s other core divisions:
o Trade Management Team
o Client Service
Background & experience:
• After a period of training, the successful candidate should be capable of further developing the operational procedures and practices within a growing business
• This is very much a “hands-on” role within a small team and the successful candidate will have to be flexible and be able to handle a varied role which will involve assisting with a number of different processes
The successful candidate will have:
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Articulate, self-motivated, a quick learner and team player
• A calm pragmatic and solutions focused approach, with the ability to deliver consistent results
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to plan, organise, and prioritise day to day activities.
• Appetite to gain industry approved exams
£25 k pa - £30 k pa dependent upon experience (plus bonus & benefits).