Asset Management/ Wealth Management Trade Support/ Operations Analyst: Graduate
Asset Management/ Wealth Management Trade Support/ Operations Analyst: Graduate level/ School Leaver Level/ 6-month's-1-year's Operations experience level)
- Role due to growth in the business during COVID-19.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a very successful, but still boutique, but global Asset Manager to join their busy Operations department.
- Support their Wealth Management/ Private Client business for full Operations support.
- Our client will look at either someone who has finished their A Levels (ideally with good grades), or their degree (2020, or 2021 graduate) in ideally Economics, or Mathematics type subjects (2:1).
- Full training will be provided, excellent opportunity.
- £25 k pa - £30 k pa, dependent upon experience, plus bonus & other benefits.
FJR Finance is representing a boutique, but global Mayfair based Asset Management company, to hire a Private Client/ Investment Operations/ Trade Support Analyst. The role is a very exciting opportunity and is live due to growth.
Our client is looking for either a bright, A Level leaver graduate calibre individual with either little, or some working experience i.e. up-to 2-years experience within Banking Operations and who is committed to a career within Asset Management Operations.
Our client is seeking a proactive and professional individual to serve as a Private Client Operations Associate. Candidates are invited with, no, or limited, experience of working within the investment management sector with collective investment schemes. Full on the job training will be provided. The position requires a high level of attention to detail, proactivity and flexibility in best serving their clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Initially, the successful applicant will play a significant part in further developing the operational infrastructure of the private client business unit. There will therefore be a number of ongoing projects to manage.
The role will include the following daily tasks:
• To manage the operational aspects of the client account opening process: o To work with the Client Services Team, to successfully on-board the client onto the custodial and internal platforms.
o To ensure the correct set up of client static data in the systems to allow data to flow where appropriate.
• Oversight of daily trade processing: o To ensure that all static data for assets, counterparties, custodians and any trading restrictions are correctly recorded and maintained in the platform.
o To ensure suitable pricing sources for new assets and ensure data feeds are created and maintained.
o To review and ensure the appropriate order permission is in place prior to execution depending on client status and capacity.
• Portfolio monitoring and operational risk control:
o To ensure that daily feeds from custodians are reviewed and updates made to the platform where appropriate.
o To ensure that cash and stock reconciliations are performed at the specified frequency and have independent sign-off at appropriate times.
o To work with third parties on overseeing the resolution of breaks that may arise.
• To assist with the operational aspects of implementation and integration of a client reporting function: o Oversight of the production of all client output in a timely manner in accordance with internal guidelines.
o Verification of all portfolio and asset performance figures for period portfolio valuations.
Background & experience:
• The successful candidate should be capable of further developing the operational procedures and practices within a growing business.
• This is very much a “hands on” role within a small team and the successful candidate will have to be flexible and be able to handle a varied role which will involve assisting with a number of different processes.
The successful candidate will have:
• A diligent and inquisitive nature will be beneficial to the role, as the requirement is to multi task and be able to prioritise and escalate where needed.
• A broad understanding across multi assets such as fixed income, equity, collective investment schemes and different investment schemes such as ISAs and SIPPs.
• The ability to demonstrate understanding of dealing platforms, reconciliations, client valuations, data integrity, corporate actions, transitions, client payments, and post trade compliance will be very beneficial.
• A calm pragmatic approach and solutions focused approach, with the ability to deliver consistent results.
• High level influencing and negotiation skills and ability to articulate complex points and abstract concepts concisely and clearly.
• Awareness of industry standards and developments.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Strong Excel/VBA knowledge will be advantageous.
£25 k pa - £30 k pa dependent upon experience (plus bonus & benefits).