Assistant Compliance Manager – Regulatory Compliance
The RoleAssistant Compliance Manager – Regulatory Compliance
FJR Finance is currently representing a City of London based Bank to hire a permanent Assistant Compliance Manager. Even through COVID-19, this exciting opportunity has arisen role through growth and is a newly created role. The role is working-from-home until otherwise announced through change in corporate policy. The company have ridden and grown their business throughout the COVID-19 period across all business lines globally – it is genuine great time to join the bank.
The client boasts a full suite of Trading activities including Global Custody, Treasury trading, Derivatives and Loans products to global Investment clients.
The role acts as the Assistant Manager to the Head of Compliance and to carry out the duties allocated on various regulatory matters with primary responsibility for ensuring that the Bank is keeping abreast of all relevant regulations and key regulatory developments.
Our client is looking for someone who has strong regulatory Compliance experience across Client Money rules, ideally with exposure to Custody businesses. You, will also be exposed to and working with other regulations such as LIBOR, MIFID II, SFTR.
Our client ideally requires strong Regulatory Compliance experience from a reputable Institutional trading bank.JOB PURPOSE
To act as the Assistant Manager to the Head of Compliance and to carry out the duties allocated on various regulatory matters with primary responsibility for ensuring that the Bank is keeping abreast of all relevant regulations and key regulatory developments. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working jointly with Head of Compliance & the team in enhancing the Compliance Framework within the Branch ensuring you are actively involved in contributing to the following areas:
- Enhancing the current Compliance Risk Assessment so that it is aligned to the overarching risk taxonomy, split the CRA to business areas and link to other regulatory processes.
- Enhance the current CMP, maintain and monitor regulatory/compliance risk controls, policies and procedures
- Develop the CMP methodology so that it is aligned to the CRA risks
- Advising business on obligations arising from new regulations
- And other areas of the project as required by the Head of Compliance
- Jointly be responsible for the compliance reviews as set out in the compliance monitoring plan (CASS Rules) within the branch which focuses on custody business.
- Form strong relationships within the branch whilst maintaining appropriate independence and objectivity
- Be involved in ensuring all Internal Audit findings are remediated in a timely manner within the deadlines
- Jointly responsible for ensuring the SMCR framework is robust and effective
- Ensuring all relevant policies and procedures are updated in a timely manner and remain compliant with any changes in regulations.
- Assisting in creating and enhancing existing policies and procedures overall.
- Deep diving into key regulatory areas and carry out thematic reviews and providing challenge to the first line
- Take a proactive role in assisting the team on ongoing projects compliance projects, LIBOR, MIFID II, SFTR.
- Carry out any other tasks as assigned by the Head of Compliance
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- To carry out such other duties as requested by the General Manager.
- 7 years minimum experience - Strong relevant experience in Compliance roles gained at financial services firms.
- Must have previous working experience with custody business and good knowledge of the FCA CASS rules
- Previous experience in writing policies
- Assertive leadership skills and capability to make an independent judgement and take decisions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills which will enable to provide sound compliance advice
- Must be self initiative and pro active and be able to multitask.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet strict deadlines SUPERVISION AND REPORTING LINES
The Assistant Manager reports to the Head of Compliance or in her absence the Joint General Manager/Deputy General Manager (London Branch) but is expected to work on his/her own initiative and to follow through individual projects and procedures to completion. KEY STAKEHOLDERS
At all levels within the Bank and primarily with regulatory authorities externally.Salary
£65,000 p/a - £70,000 p/a + Car Allowance £5,100 p/a, plus bonus, pension, healthcare etc.