Assistant Manager, Credit Risk Management – Structured Finance
The RoleAssistant Manager, Credit Risk Management - Structured Finance
FJR Finance is currently representing a London based foreign Bank to hire a permanent Assistant Manager to support their Structured Finance. The role sits within their Risk Management & Control department and is part of the business’ 2nd line of defence. Even though COVID-19, this exciting opportunity has arisen role through growth and is a newly created role.
The role reports to the Head of Department.
Our client ideally requires someone with a specific background as a Credit Risk Manager or Assistant Credit Risk Manager ideally who has also worked with Structured Finance.
Experience of analysis of European/ UK offshore wind project finance either as a front officer or a middle officer. The branch's project finance business primarily targets renewable energy and PPP’s in the UK and Europe area, therefore credit reviewer is expected to have experience and knowledge of these sectors. However, due to the limited number of projects in the market for PPP’s, experience of finance in the sector will not be prerequisite. On the other hand, offshore wind project, among the various renewable energy projects, generally have the most complexed risk profile. Therefore, the experience in analysing this sector should provide a sufficient basis for work in other areas. Experience in other areas of structured finance, such as real estate non-recourse finance is not prerequisite but will be preferred.
The main purpose is to carry out the credit review for the structured finance business. It consists of providing credit analysis of new structured finance proposals and of the existing loan and performing analysis on relevant macro-economic, industry and regulatory issues relating to the deals as well as Branch credit portfolio.
The RM&CD act as a 2nd line of defence providing branch level credit risk control and monitoring function to the Branch’s corporate banking business and structured finance business.
- To analyse the creditworthiness of new and existing structured finance deals with new transactions proposed by the Front Office, produce review reports and present them at Credit Committee meetings to the Branch management.
- To analyse the creditworthiness of existing structured finance and produce review reports, which will be circulated to the Branch management.
- To analyse the Branch credit portfolio on a regular basis, produce a portfolio review report quarterly and present these at the regular Credit Committee meetings to the Branch management.
- To analyse the industry and macro-economic data relating to the Branch credit portfolio and report these in a portfolio review report on a quarterly basis and present this at the regular Credit Committee meetings to the Branch management.
- To conduct research on various topics and produce reports of credit issues in the EU area related to the Branch credit portfolio as and when required on ad-hoc basis.
- To understand the Bank’s credit risk management systems, especially the Bank’s Internal Rating System.
- Checking the Front Office’s documentation from a credit risk perspective.
- Attend meetings for structured finance customers with the Front Office.
- To arrange both regular and ad-hoc Credit Committee meetings for the structured Finance business, prepare and circulate Agendas of these meetings and record the proceedings and produce written Minutes for circulation to all attendees.
- Conduct credit risk management related work performed by the staff at Risk Management & Control, including monitoring and maintenance of the Branch’s Risk Appetite for structured finance business.
- Updating Credit Review Procedure Manual related to structured finance business including ensuring that it remains in line with UK regulatory expectation and liaison work with authorities if necessary.
- To plan and conduct the Branch credit risk management for structured finance business with communicating with Head Office when required.
- Assist the Joint General Manager (2nd Line UK CRO) with internal Branch reporting when required.
- To update the Policy & Procedures of Credit review as and when needed.
- Conduct regular/occasional self-check of the credit review function.
- Provide general clerical support to the Joint General Manager (2nd Line UK CRO) including, but not limited to, photocopying, filing, record keeping, mailing, scheduling and messaging.
- Such other duties as the management may, from time to time, reasonably require.
£70 k pa - £80 k pa, plus cash allowance, discretionary bonus, pension, healthcare etc.