Assistant Property Accountant
-£200-£250 per day
-Assistant Accountant Property / Construction
This leading property / construction business based in the West End is experiencing excellent growth and as such is looking to add a temporary Assistant Accountant for a 6-month opportunity. Reporting into the Head of Finance, the responsibilities be extremely varied and will include:
- Preparation of internal management reports – monthly/quarterly management accounts.
- Posting and overseeing of the month-end and quarter-end journals.
- Liaising with Development Managers to provide accurate tracking and recording of project costing for monthly review and cash flowing purposes.
- Ensuring completeness and validity of lease data held in the property management software.
- Review of 5 quarterly VAT returns across the Group, ensuring compliance with latest HMRC regulations.
- Preparation and submission of the monthly Construction Industry Scheme returns.
- Working alongside the Finance Assistant to provide oversight and review of the internal Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions at regular intervals.
- Review of bank reconciliations.
- Working alongside the Head of Finance in preparing year-end working papers and statutory accounts across the Group ready for audit.
- Assistance in Group Treasury functions.
- Other financial reporting required in relation to property tenancies.
As the ideal candidate, you will be a part-qualified / QBE accountant with a good track record working for a corporate entity. A property/construction background would be a real plus, but not essential. You will have good systems skills including intermediate Excel and be able to commence this assignment on short notice. If you have the appropriate skills please apply immediately.