Chief Technology Officer
Are you a CTO that likes to get into the architecture and work closely with talented software engineers? Or, are you a Head on Engineering looking for a move into a CTO position
Are you looking to work for a market leading Data Integrator with market leading SaaS applications?
Do you have a mix of strategic vision, commercial acumen and hands on architecture, while being able to engage a team of high quality software engineers?
If so, FJR have been retained by a high growth data business that delivers a pioneering m-commerce solution. They specialise in integrating, analysing and monetising content, products, data and services for both mobile and enterprise. The role, Chief Technology Officer, sits as part of the executive management team and will lead a technology team of 12 developers, DevOps and QA engineers to bring cutting-edge, integrated applications to market for their global client list.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
TACTICAL & STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
- To act as a leader and erudite driver of change, ensuring retirement of tech debt.
- Fully understand the technology stack and product portfolio.
- Ensure timely development and roll out of new product roadmap and infrastructure changes.
- Establish themselves as a credible leader of Technology to clients and staff.
- To futureproof the company’s technological roadmap to ensure the ability to scale and maintain service levels across a 24/7 requirement .
- Grow the commercial business by technology advancements and offerings.
- Increase profitability, continually optimise Op-Ex cost including AWS and MondoDB cloud environments.
- Monetise the data available.
A bit about you.....
- Develop strong relationships with the management team and show leadership in the technology domain.
- Taking overall strategic responsibility for the company’s technology and tech team (strategy, infrastructure, people).
- Lead and motivate team members.
- Revise and develop the company’s technological roadmap and develop systems mapping.
- Bring structure to planning and turn plans into action.
- Develop documentation and foster a culture of knowledge sharing.
- Plan and solve technological debt.
- Ensure new Infrastructure is implemented and stays ahead of technology curve.
- Ensure capacity testing and resolution strategies are in place.
- Solve single point failure issues and delegate effectively.
- Secure the service of current clients (60%) and make plans for future innovation (40%).
- Communicate effectively with sales and marketing to enhance growth and expansion.
- Communicate effectively with clients.
- Work closely with Ops to ensure tight development schedules and operational efficiencies are created, managed and adhered to.
- Proven experience of a demanding, fast paced, hands on CTO/Architect position or Head of Engineering role.
- High levels of understanding and experience of AWS Cloudfront and MongoDB infrastructures, the deployment and running of.
- Proven experience of leading technological teams during change to a successful conclusion. Ensuring buy-in and positive reaction from team-members.
- Solid and proven background in security protocol/strategies as part of process and infrastructure. Ideally ISO27001
- Experience of creating drive and motivation among tech professionals.
- Ability to understand the requirements and demands of a tech growth company.
- Motivated in developing new products and services and challenging the status quo.
- Customer-centric (B2B & B2C) approach.
- Relevant experience from the transport or events sectors is beneficial.
- Familiar with technologies such as .NET, C#, Native iOS & Android.
- An enthusiasm and drive to get results and make things happen.
This is a business with strong growth opportunities. For more information, please concat Neil Owen in the first instance.