Deputy Head of Transaction Management (Loans Middle Office)
Deputy Head of Transaction Management Unit (Loans Middle Office).
FJR Finance are currently representing a City based Corporate Bank, to hire a permanent Deputy Head of Syndicated Loans Middle Office/ Loans Closing. The chosen candidate will support a relatively new trading desk and work within a small Middle Office team.
The company boasts a fairly flat structure, but our client is in need of a Syndicated Loans Middle Office/ Loans Closing Operations SME; with good working knowledge of Commercial Bank Loans, Treasury Products, related Standard Documentation (e.g. LMA, LSTA, ISDA, etc.), plus all related accounting procedures, and regulatory requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who looking join a small, growing company and who wants to work in a flat- structure with great autonomy on your day-to-day tasks.
1. Typical profile and skillset
- Relevant University Degree or qualified by experience
- Previous experience in a middle-office or in a loan closing team
- Role model for gravitas, professional behaviour, positive attitude and integrity
- Comfortable working in a multicultural and diverse environment
- Good understanding of commercial bank loans, treasury products, related standard documentation (e.g. LMA, LSTA, ISDA, etc.), related accounting procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage a variety of duties simultaneously and to prioritise
- Ability to assess compliance with laws, regulations and internal standards
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word and Excel)
2. Overall job objective(s)
- Act as branch’s Transaction Management Unit Deputy Head
- Provide direct support to relationship managers by performing Middle-Office tasks
- Ensure that Credit, CDD & CSR procedures are consistently applied by the Front-Office and Treasury
- Play a pivotal role between Front-Office, Compliance, Back-Office, Treasury and Finance
3. Main tasks and responsibilities
a. Transaction Management Unit’s management
- Contribute to setup and management of a team of initially 3 people, with growth potential in the short term
- Participate actively in the branch’s approval process from the earliest stage of a transaction
- Attend local commercial meetings (with the GM, Head of RCCD and Front-Office team heads)
- Ensure that Front-Office staff are promptly informed of, and apply new/revised operating procedures
- Liaise with other departments in the branch and in Head-Office regarding credit/loan documentation related issues and reporting matters involving branch and Head-Office’s systems
- Perform due diligence and compliance monitoring, as a back-up
- Manage remediation exercise as and when required
b. Administration and Closing
- Manage closing process i.e. liaise with Front-Office, Back-Office and external parties i.e. agents to ensure approvals are obtained in time, and to ensure smooth signature, implementation, and execution of funding
- Check conditions precedent and/or Conditions Subsequent, to any facility
- Manage transactions’ operational aspects (e.g. funding process)
- Coordinate the parties involved in the process (e.g. back-office, treasury desk, agents, etc.)
- Manage closing process in and outside Clearpar i.e. be responsible for workflow management
- Manage the authorisation for first drawdown and coordination of fee collection
- Manage Head-Office’s commercial and credit database i.e. create and update loan/customer profiles
- Ensure that reviews are carried out in time, chase Front-Office for updates and delays’ rationale
- Collect covenants and waivers requests, diarise, circularise and ensure adequate follow-up
- Coordinate communication and diarise waivers and amendments requests
- Create and maintain client files and archives, as a back-up
- Review all aspects of documentation, including non-credit aspects (e.g. funding, sanctions, etc.)
- Prepare ‘new facility check lists’
- Prepare of standard form sub-participation, secondary trading documentation, profit-sharing agreements
- Approve loan documentation checklists prior to execution
- Prepare other regulatory documentation (e.g. MIFID II, EMIR, FATCA-CRS, GDPR, etc.)
- Review template documents used in bilateral facilities in conjunction with the Front-Office
- Check accuracy of loan registers/books against instructions, credit applications, etc.
- Documentation management i.e. archiving and safe storage
d. Reporting, monitoring and internal control
- Recording and follow up of covenants and waivers, in conjunction with Credit Risk Analyst
- Cross check instructions, databases, and accuracy of reported CBG/PDS revenues
- Carry out 1st level controls on Transaction Management Unit’s tasks
- Supervise controls performed by Static Data Management including client’s lifecycle statuses
- Administer Qlikview’s offline data sources (temporarily)
e. Risk and compliance culture
- Adhere to the Group’s compliance-related policies and procedures such as anti-bribery and corruption, anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML-CFT), conduct rules, conflict of interest, data protection, gifts and entertainment, market abuse, personal account dealing, safety and security, tax evasion, whistleblowing, etc.
- Partake in strengthening the branch’s risk and compliance culture (i.e. write and implement policies, design trainings, update Questions & Answers, etc.) in collaboration with the Senior Management and business units.
f. Additional requirements
- As part of your ongoing development, you may be required to undertake training in order to meet the requirements of your role
- Cooperate with and help colleagues across the Group including support company-wide forums and committees as required; performing other tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time
- This document is provided for information purposes only. It is not contractual and may be amended to meet the needs of the business. The role holder will be made aware of any changes and normally they will be discussed with the role holder in advance.
- Within reason, you may be required to work outside of any standard contracted hours previously specified to meet the needs of the business.
£60 k pa- £70 k pa, plus bonus, healthcare, pension, good holidays etc.
For more information on this role, contact Martin Parkinson, FJR London.