Equity Corporate Dealing, Relationship Management/ Corporate Finance Support (12
Equity Corporate Dealing, Relationship Management/ Corporate Finance Support (Minimum 12-18-months of Equity Operations experience required)
FJR Finance is representing an established City based Equity Brokerage for a very exciting opportunity. The role is a 12- 14-month Maternity-Cover Fixed-Term Contract, but with a genuine possibility to go permanent after that date (business growth). It is a unique opportunity that be can be described as a split support role between two key business areas:
1) (A mix of) UK Equity Private Client/ High-Net Worth Individual (HNW)/ Retail Client, Client Services/ Relationship Management/ Equity Operations Oversight, Co-ordination (Trade Support, Settlements, Corporate Actions & Dividends) and Equity Trade Execution.
2) Corporate Finance Transactions Management – in essence managing and co-ordinating all Corporate Finance/ Investment Banking related deals with the entire business.
This role reporting into their Head of Corporate Dealing Support and is a very business area, with quite a lot of responsibilities and a key department to the company. It will offer huge exposure to every facet of the business including Trading, Sales, Research, Corporate Finance, Trade Support, Settlements, Compliance and Finance for example. As a result our client needs someone who is confident, well-spoken and client-facing, able to face-off to all the mentioned departments, as well as speaking directly to clients everyday, to resolve their problems, add value and even keep an eye out for potential other opportunities from your interactions with clients that could lead to an increase in business/ revenue generation.
Our client are specifically looking for someone with ideally a minimum of 12-18-months of Equity Operations, i.e. Equity Settlements, Equity Support, Client Services Corporate Actions, Reconciliations, Static Data experience etc. If you have this experience, our client is willing to offer full on-the job training. For the initial start of the contact our client would prefer training for the first few weeks to be done face-to-face in their offices for 2-3 days per week, with a view to working-from-home after this is complete and both parties are confident that a good standard of the role responsibilities are achieved.
The role is an excellent opportunity for someone who has some Equity Operations experience and who wants to learn and be part of a small, but successful and really friendly company.
1) Assist the Corporate Dealer(s) in facilitating the buying and selling of shares
2) Assist with the management of orders directly for issuers in respect of share buy-backs and employee benefit trusts
3) Assist Investment Banking with primary deal syndication, large block trades and transaction management
4) Assist the Operations team with matters connected with the Jarvis custody platform and client set up
5) Agree primary transaction logistics with the Operations team and Investment Banking
6) Liaise with issuers and HNW individuals to source liquidity when required ensuring awareness of target prices and other information necessary to assist clients control/maintain market share
7) Deputise for the Corporate Dealer(s) during periods of absence
8) Remain abreast of all relevant regulatory obligations as they apply
£30. k pa - £45 k pa, plus bonus, pension, healthcare, etc.