FJR Finance is recruiting for an exciting services business in their search for a Financial Controller to work out of their offices based in Stoke-on-Trent.
The Financial Controller will need to be CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified with a strong academic background. The ability to manage and develop a small finance team is essential and any exposure to working within a project orientated organisation would be a distinct advantage. The ability to work to strict deadlines is absolutely crucial and you will need to be able to build strong relationships throughout the business. Any experience of working with Sage would be preferable although not critical. The key duties for the role will include the following:-
- Supervision and management of a small finance team
- Cash flow forecasting
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Good knowledge of corporation tax/VAT and PAYE
- Statutory accounts preparation and leading the audit process
- Look to improve processes and controls throughout the business
- Partner with the MD in looking at the business’s strategic direction
- Analysis of different financial information paying particular attention to trends and discrepancies
- Ad-hoc project work
Salary is anywhere between £48,000 and £55,000 + car allowance and additional benefits
This role is crucial within the business and will be involved in all aspects of finance and have exposure to all levels of the organisation. If you enjoy working in SME environments with a good level of autonomy then please don’t hesitate to apply.