Role – Financial Controller
Location – Stoke-on-Trent
Salary - £45,000 - £52,000
FJR Finance is recruiting for an exciting and rapidly expanding services business in their search for a Financial Controller to work out of their offices based in Stoke-on-Trent.
The Financial Controller will need to be CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified with a strong academic background. Any individual with an accountancy practice background would be desirable although not essential. The ability to manage and develop a small finance team is essential and any exposure to working within a project orientated organisation would be a distinct advantage. The ability to work to strict deadlines is absolutely crucial and you will need to be able to build strong relationships throughout the business. Any experience of working with Sage or a similar finance system would be preferable.
The key duties of the Financial Controller position will include the following:
- Supervision and management of a small finance team of three Management Accountants
- Cash flow forecasting
- Monthly and quarterly reporting
- Profit and loss analysis
- Production of investor reporting
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Good knowledge of corporation tax/VAT and PAYE
- Statutory accounts preparation and leading the audit process
- Look to improve processes and controls throughout the business
- Ad-hoc project work
Salary is anywhere between £45,000 and £52,000 + additional benefits
The Financial Controller role is crucial within the business and will be involved in all aspects of finance and have exposure to all levels of the organisation. If you enjoy working in SME environments with a good level of autonomy then please don’t hesitate to apply.