Fixed Income Settlements
Fixed Income Settlements Analyst
FJR Finance (London) is currently representing a City-based Bank to hire a Fixed Income Settlements Analyst.
The role is a requires someone to have a minimum of 3- years Fixed Income Settlements experience, ideally with a working knowledge of Fixed Income Settlements, including Euroclear, with working knowledge of Repo's & Government/ Corporate Bonds.
The position is initially for 3-months, with the view to potentially going permanent.
Any experience of Settlements of Government and Corporate Bonds, including Repo’s across the UK, Euroclear and International markets would be highly advantageous.
The role is responsible to ensure the efficient execution and settlements of predominantly, market transactions and secondly other Operational transactions such as data entry and payments and settlements. This role will be required to assist and provide daily cover across the entire Operations department.
The role will be required to undertake not only the London branch business but also forthcoming Amsterdam back-office operation. This role may be required to work on numerous UK Bank Holidays.
- Hold system proficiency – Lotus NOTES, NOVAS II, OPICS, SWIFT FMB, SWIFT AML, CLS system, Enquiry Link, Euclid, LCH, JPMorgan ACCESS, in-house EUDs.
- Complete the OS sheets of transactions in charge of input into the mainframe computer.
- Prepare and monitor daily cash flow projections for potential overdrawn balances.
- Investigate problems e.g. non-receipt of funds, discrepancies and resolve any irregular transactions promptly in consultation with the line managers.
- Ensure prompt and accurate reporting to the line managers upon discovery of any irregular incidents so that the matter can be reported to Branch Management and Head Office if necessary.
- Conduct required daily/weekly/monthly self-checks.
- Including, but not limited to assisting as and when required to provide cover for Data Entry and Payments.
- Prepare for required audit report upon request from counter-parties.
- Perform required actions for our audit purposes upon appointed internal/external auditors
- Hold proficiency of LCH/ bilateral repo and reverse repo, cross-currency repo, triparty repo, money deal, CLS, bilateral FX, Swap and futures transactions.
- System operations of required systems for market operations.
- Liaise with Dealers.
- Prepare and exchange trade confirmations via SWIFT/telephone/e-mail/mail/fax.
- Exchange settlement instructions with counter-parties.
- Check and match counter-party’s trade confirmations against our records.
- Prepare and check cash/securities settlement instructions against trade confirmations.
- Ensure settlements of trades.
- Check and pay Nostro/ Custody, brokerages and other required fees/charges with Manager’s approval.
- File deal tickets, confirmations, computer-generated reports, bank statements, invoices and other required documents and responsible for data retention.
- Preparation of required internal/external reports.
£20.17 per hour- £21.29 per hour.