Are you passionate about leading teams in high growth SaaS technology business?
Do you love leading teams in a DevOps environments working on improving code quality?
Are you an expert in either Java or React with an appetite to keep abreast of new and emerging technologies??
If so, FJR Technology are working with a disruptive MarTech business that is helping its customers improve their service and products while helpings consumer make informed decisions.
The business has a highly talented and collaborative engineering team that builds and maintains software, using agile methodologies to create innovative solutions using latest technologies.
The business is currently recruiting for a Chapter Lead Engineer. The Chapter lead is a technology specialist and will support their team's personal development; facilitating sharing of knowledge, experience and coding best practices to support quality.
· You will work as a software engineer within an agile squad, leading by example in adhering to the team’s agile methodologies and development principles, translating requirements into performant and scalable solutions, always striving for continuous improvement. We expect about 80% of your time will be apportioned to this aspect of your role.
· Participate in translating the Product Manager’s desired business outcomes into actionable requirements and solutions.
· Work as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and owner of application component areas. Responsible for maintaining code quality, security, performance and maintainability through development and DevOps principles and best practices.
· Work with the Software Engineering Manager and other Chapter Lead Engineers to lead continuous improvement through research and adoption of new technologies, tools and processes to use within the development team (aka the Coding Guild)
· A DevOps mentality is required: Close collaboration with the Cloud Infrastructure Team support software CI/CD, configuration management and monitoring.
· You will lead and mentor your team of software engineers in adhering with team coding standards, best practices and conventions to foster an engineering culture of autonomy, innovation and quality solutions.
· Support squad and cohesion through regular team meetings. Encourage team members to share knowledge and lessons learnt.
· Support the career progression and personal development software engineers in your Chapter. Maintain a software engineer skills matrix for each engineer to facilitate the process.
· Foster technical excellence in an agile development culture,
· Take ownership of all work developed by members of your team,
· Inspire and motivate team members.
· Be knowledgeable about each member of your Chapter, their strengths, weaknesses and effectiveness.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical discipline or demonstrable equivalent career experience.
· At least four years of commercial software engineering experience in either or both of the following, or the ambition and determination to master the other proficiency:
· server side – Rest APIs and object orientated language, preferably Java 8 or higher.
· Experience of working with co-located and remote developers.
· Experience of Agile development design principles
· Source version control, ideally Git
· Development using industry standard best practices.
· Test driven development experience
· Working knowledge of Continuous Integration solutions and best practice branching strategies.
The role is offered on an 80% remote basis. Some travel to either/both the London and Hampshire offices will be required from time to time. Please contact Neil Owen or Guy Wyndham in the first instance.