Infrastructure Support Lead
Purpose of Role:
As an Infrastructure Lead, you will play a key role in the delivery of high-quality technical support for the business and the customer, whilst delivering exceptional customer satisfaction and personalised service.
This position requires strong troubleshooting, problem-solving and technical skills using various diagnostic tools. In addition, strong interpersonal skills are required to guide customers through situations, providing the highest levels of resolution, support and customer satisfaction.
- Act as a Senior Technical analyst within the team providing highly-technical oversight for the team, both on troubleshooting and technical recommendations. Bringing a wealth of experience and exposure to a wide range of technologies you will be expected to mentor and assist your team on all technical escalations.
- Lead a team of Infrastructure Analysts and maximise the use of in-house systems to provide a highly customer-focused and professional Service Desk function, ensuring all line management responsibilities are completed including Monthly 1-2-1s
- Act as a Technical Escalation point for all Infrastructure based Incidents, Requests, Problems and Events and also receive escalations from the EUC Lead escalate effectively to achieve the highest level of customer service.
- Work in conjunction with the Technical Services Lead to ensure customers environments are documented, maintained and supported to meet the contractual level as a minimum.
- Identify any inefficiencies across the processes and highlight to the SOM any potential improvements to Systems and Processes.
- Communicate fully and effectively with customers throughout the case lifecycle, ensuring that at all times the customer is fully aware of the status of their Incident or Service request.
- Provide the highest level of service by meeting or exceeding contractual SLAs and KPIs and by proactively identifying process improvement opportunities within the department.
- Work from or travel to customer sites to provide extended Service Desk services to the customer beyond that provided from our office locations as required.
- Provide on-call cover on a rotation basis with the rest of the team to ensure customers have 24x7 coverage where required.
- Work with the Change Management team to write, technically assess and implement change requests to ensure minimum impact on the customer when undertaking essential work and maintenance.
- Work with the Technical Services Lead to provide planning for patch management and implementation by the infrastructure team.
- Work with the Technical Services Lead to assist with DR planning and testing.
- Manage the recruitment of new team members.
- Maintain a level of technical competence that remains current and fit-for-purpose in your role, highlighting any training needs to your line manager where appropriate.
- Ensure where possible, or highlight where not, that Acora fulfils its contractual obligations to its contracted services customers.
- Develop, over time, a knowledge of our customers’ businesses and organisation, including key users of technology and their needs
- To adopt and endorse the company’s values (as above) and vision to be “game-changing”, across all aspects of the role at all times.
- To endorse and co-operate fully with the Business Improvement process, participating in or contributing to, designated change projects as required.
- Such additional tasks or projects as may be required by the Board or management team, in support of the Company’s commercial objectives from time to time.
Several years of experience in troubleshooting relevant, common technologies such as:
- Microsoft Windows including Active Directory, Group Policy.
- Virtualisation (e.g. VMware, MS Hyper-V)
- Enterprise Storage (e.g. NetApp, Dell EqualLogic)
- Microsoft O365 / Exchange.
- Networking (basic configuration of firewalls, routers and switches)
- Cloud Technologies e.g. Azure IaaS / PaaS
For more information on this Infrastructure Support Lead role, contact Faheem Zai at FJR Technology (London).