International Equity Settlements/ Operations Analyst
FJR Finance is representing a highly successful, global (but mid-sized) City-based Equity trading house to hire an International Equity Settlements Analyst within their Operations division. The role is an initial 6-Month Fixed-Term Contract, with the strong potential to go permanent. The role has arisen due to a huge increase in trading activities, which in-turn is putting pressures and increased workloads onto their Equity Operations teams.
The role is situated within their busy and high volume UK & International Equity Settlements team.
Our client is in need of a strong International Equity Settlements Analyst who is able to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of Equity Settlements within International markets including European Domestics, Euroclear, Fast Eastern markets and US/ DTC.
The department already has some existing processes set-up, but are looking for someone that can add value and energy to look at process improve and efficiency and fully support the trading desk.
Summary of Main Tasks and Responsibilities
● Settlement of non-UK transactions and with a working knowledge of UK settlements utilising Torstone Inferno, Crest and BNP Neolink
● Help monitor cash flow and settlement liquidity within International Settlements
● Exception and fails monitoring
● Monitor and implement configuration rules to ensure STP where possible and overall reduction in risk
● Pre-matching, matching and dealing with trade queries from counterparties
● Stock borrowing calculation, execution and returns
● Depot movements including Cross-Border stock movements
● Reconciliation of stock and cash positions
● Post-trade communication with clients, brokers and internal stakeholders
● Accurate reconciliation and payment of non-UK financial transaction taxes to the relevant authorities, in a timely manner
● Liaison with traders / counterparts / other business areas as required
● Participate in cross training within Operations
● Attend and actively participate in departmental meetings across all business areas
● Abide by The company’ internal policies
● Speedy escalation of any issues or concerns to management
● Ensure any administrative tasks are undertaken as required (i.e., archiving, distribution of post, filing etc.) and in a timely and efficient manner
● Comfortable with close cohesion within all areas of the Settlements Team and Middle Office to safeguard continued and improved teamwork / networking, enhancing overall operational efficiency
● Regular creation, development and presentation of accurate KPI’s and MI for management
● Holiday cover for other team members as required
● Such other comparable tasks / duties that may be required or requested by your line manager
● Flexible approach to occasionally working later evenings, weekends and bank holidays as dictated by work schedule, trading patterns and project timetables
● Drive customer service excellence
Other Job Specific Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities
● Minimum two years’ experience within Financial Markets in a complex and highly regulated environment
● Market experience within UK & Ireland, EMEA, North America and Asia
● Experience in low and high touch equity trade lifecycle
● Strong desire to operate at the very highest level and prove successful within the Financial Services Industry
● Proven self-working and motivated skillset
● Acute attention to detail
● Excellent customer/stakeholder service ethos
● Good level of appropriate system knowledge, to include Crest / Torstone Inferno / Fidessa / FDM and DTCC Alert
● Strong communication skills for both internal & external counterparties
● Understanding of departmental procedures
£40 k pa - £60 k pa pro-rata’d for 6-months, plus pension and other benefits.