Investment Analyst – Fintech, new Venture Capital Fund (potential to be Head of
The RoleInvestment Analyst – Fintech, new Venture Capital Fund (potential to be Head of Investments)
A very rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for an Investment Analyst to work within a very small, but still global and award-winning Fintech. It is truly exciting times for them as they are launching a brand new Venture Capital Fund. The role will report directly into their CEO (who is also a non-Exec Director for a FTSE 250 Listed company).
There is also a strong possibility for this position to grow into their Head of Investments in the future. The company was founded in 2019, but the owners have years of experience being successful in London and global based Financial Services businesses i.e. Asset Managers and Hedge Funds. Our client boasts some of the most intelligent and bright brains within the industry and has even won a prestigious global award for Innovation (against very reputable and successful large global brands).
You will be working directly under the UK CEO’s guidance, so the learning curve is steep, but ultimately rewarding. Our client requires a very driven individual that is of graduate calibre i.e. minimum 2:1 in a numerate based subject such as Economics, Mathematics, or Engineering etc and who has genuine drive, determination and a willingness to work hard everyday and log hours as a standard – get the job done and help grow out Investment business with their UK CEO (and international Investment team). Having CFA Level 1-3 would be highly advantageous too.
The role will report into and working directly with/ for one of their two CEO’s, who is based in the UK. The company are going through a very exciting time in their inception; in April/ May they will be launching a brand new Venture Capital Fund. This fund is already heavily seeded by prestigious Institutional Investors, but the company have ambitious growth plans to internationalise their investment strategy and grow their Assets-Under-Management (AUM) to new prospective clients.
The successfully chosen incumbent will be directly working with their UK CEO, as well as with Investment Team (based outside of the UK). Due to the size of the company, the role will not be pigeon-holed to one type of tasks, although the main focus will be Front Office Investment Analysis. The position will cover a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Financial Modelling/ Investment Analysis (Predominately)
- This requires diligent and careful analysis of their Investment portfolio. You will have to fully analyse all the underlying companies that make up their investment portfolios, which are predominately global cutting-edge Tech disruptors. This will involve deep and technical research and analysis of company Balances Sheets, Profit & Loss Accounts, Financial Statements and Cash Flow Forecasts, with the view of being able to help to the CEO and the wider business make an assessment on the performance of companies they invest into.
- Although the investment deals will be sourced by their International office, you will be required to possess a deep understanding of the underlying companies; with the view to be able to challenge investment ideas, be innovative with newer investment ideas and help with the growth of the business.
- Investor Relations/ Corporate Structuring
- Engaging directly with stakeholders i.e. Institutional Investors (face-off to all external stakeholders of the business, articulating the status of the Investments and Funds to Institutional Investors in board meetings, being able to break down a thorough understanding of the Funds to them), liaising with Legal firms, FCA/ Regulators, external Accountants, Administrators and Tax Advisors etc.
- Preparing papers for Board level and Fund Investment Committee.
- Ad-Hoc tasks:
- Preparing papers for Board level and Fund Investment Committee Writing weekly Newsletters, Creating of presentations, tasks related to supporting their Search Engine business, some general Administration that needs to be done by everyone (again because of the size of the company).
You will be predominately working-from-home, however, from time-to-time, you will be required to travel outside of London where the CEO is based (x 80 miles from London, – x 1.5-hours via train, or x 2-hours in the car from Central London) and work with him and x 1 other in their company offices (the company also have circa x 8 others in an another international office). The CEO will also regularly travel to London on business, so you can both meet.
UK office is still very small, so at this stage, this is an important requirement, in fact it is a mandatory requirement and the chosen candidate must be very hard-working (long hours, often at the weekends), as you will be a large cog in their wheel, to help grow their Investment business.
The CEO is very friendly, but equally he is a partner in the business, so is demanding and he himself works VERY hard. This natural work-ethic and drive is also demanded by the CEO from the successfully chosen candidate. Having a genuine desire to want be part of a very small, dynamic, successful and growing company; having the natural aptitude to look at this job/ your career without set working hours – almost seeing the job and growth of the company as a large part of your life. You would be required to work very long hours, in a demanding, but rewarding work environment. As a result for your endeavours, the CEO is also willing to offering Equity and Bonus, even at this level – which is very rare and unique.Compensation Details:
Salary is up to £50 k pa + bonus payable in Cash, or Equity.