Loans/ Consumer Lending Operations & Finance Manager – Start-up (Amazing Opportu
The RoleLoans/ Consumer Lending Operations & Finance Manager – Start-up (Amazing Opportunity)
FJR Finance are currently representing a new start-up Financial Services business for a truly exceptional and unique opportunity. The company is financially backed by a large, international Asset Management company and is new start-up/ business build-out for a sub-division that is already a market-leader in their head-quartered company. Due to their success overseas, our client are moving into new international markets, with the UK being their next focus. The same business model is hugely successful in their incumbent country and they are a market-leader in this field.
Our client provide Consumer Lending/ Loans to both Retail and Corporate clients within a specific sector. You would report directly into and work with their UK CFO/ COO. He would be your direct mentor and he would provide his extensive Operations and Finance & Accounting knowledge and expertise to help you. You would then responsible to help build out their Loans Operations & Finance department, including new system implementation (testing and full implementation), processing the actual Loans and helping building out the team, hiring staff and ensuring that processes are scalable as more/ new clients come on-board.
You will need to a financially literate control focussed individual to become the manager in charge of Credit Operations and Finance. You will need to recognise that this is a “start-up” up business, which means the level of responsibility is very high, the role tasks are not limited to just processing, that they encompasses both Loans Operations and Finance and there is a high level of responsibility in day-to-day tasks (as well as not having an ego around non-relevant and admin focused tasks that might arise such as ordering stationary etc; the CFO/ COO currently does it, it needs to get done, nothing is above, or beneath me type attitude).
The parent company has very ambitious growth plans not only for this business lines, but also to develop other businesses in the UK in the future i.e. Asset Management etc, so whoever joins, will have a bright future ahead of them. Our client will need someone who has strong academics, ideally of graduate calibre in a numerate based subject, or even a Part, or Fully-Qualified Accountant (and willing to do the hybrid mix of Finance & Accounting and Loans Operations). Our client is looking at someone who has the genuine desire, aptitude and ability to want to be part of a “start-up” environment, with the energy to help build out the business and be part of something potentially very special. Being in this type of environment tis extremely tough and challenging; couple with working-from-home strategies and having to deliver on complex tasks and processes, using your own imitative is not for everyone.
Reporting directly to the COO & CFO this person will the first operational employee, playing a key role in, initially developing, and then growing the day to day lending operations of the business and eventually overseeing a team of people operating all day to day lending and finance functions.
This is a hybrid function and requires and individual who is numerate, financially literate, control oriented and who can provide practical solutions to rapidly evolving situations whilst building processes systems and teams around them.Credit Operations
The manager will be involved in set up of the UK lending operation and assist in adapting existing systems and processes to the UK Market. They will need to be detail oriented, be a natural recruiter and manager of junior staff, provide guidance and oversight, as well as communicate clearly and professionally with senior management, clients and payment teamsFinance Management
The manager will be a qualified accountant, familiar with management accounts and budgeting as well as financial accounting. They will have a strong controls-focussed background that will allow them to naturally understand what formal controls there need to be and how they need implemented in practice.
They will be intimately involved in the set-up of the finance function and provide support on day to day finance and control of the lending operation.
Communication and reporting are a staple requirements and excellence in these areas will be demonstrable.Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain lending processes
- Maintain and demonstrate proficiency with loan management system
- Provide feedback for developers to adapt and leverage existing technology, assist in software rollout streamline processes and procedures, ensure completeness accuracy and compliance of data and processes
- Initially responsible for loan input processing and management, whilst building and training a loans processing team to take over the day to day processes, which they will supervise
- Interview, hire and train employees; plan, assign, and directing workload.
- Successfully interact with operation staff to improve accuracies and efficiencies.
- Direct loan input (system boarding) and verification procedures for all loans. Ensure proper segregation of duties, develop and maintain work-flows for all stages of loan life.
- Supervise all aspects of the loan operations throughout the life cycle
- Ensure lending staff are provided with updates and procedural changes and ensure continue compliance with regulatory and legal changes related to Consumer Credit Lending
- Conduct various assessments and reports to ensure department procedures are achieving accurate and desired results.
- Manage employee performance management; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Interact with the finance team in Australia, analysing data, preparing of accounting report from data within the system, implementing and carrying out reconciliations and other controls where necessary to demonstrate data integrity
- Act as liaison to the External and Internal Auditor, Compliance Officer.
- Preparation and timely reporting of financial and performance data
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality on all data.
- Perform other related work and duties as assigned.
£50 k pa - £65 k pa plus discretionary bonus, pension, healthcare etc.