Mid level Back-End Developer
Our client's aim is to disrupt and democratise the investment world by building a platform that allows anyone from any background to get into the game. They believe their product is going to be the future of investing. What we are looking for
They currently have the basis for a web application, having kickstarted it through a third-party vendor. The application architecture uses the React framework on the frontend with a Python/Django Rest Framework backend, with data stored in a PostgreSQL database. They’re now looking to build on top of that initial structure in-house. As such they are looking for an experienced developer to lead our back-end development team.What you’ll do
What you’ll have
- Use Django Rest Framework to build secure and complex APIs for web, mobile and other clients.
- Use Python (including scientific computing packages) and PostgreSQL to design and build a highly performant, scalable and robust core analytics engine.
- Use Python to build and maintain an application for downloading and storing market data, ensuring resilience against bad/missing data and high performance for streaming prices.
- Lead the architectural design of the application, applying design best practices, conducting code reviews and giving technical guidance to junior developers.
- Adhere to application security best practices.
- Ensure unit and regression testing is at the heart of the development and build process.
Extra stuff we would love
- 4+ years of experience developing in Python and Django Rest Framework.
- 2+ years of experience building high-performance applications using Python scientific computing packages (Numpy, Scipy, Pandas, etc.).
- 4+ year experience of relational databases.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS, including EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, S3 and best practices regarding VPC, subnet and security group configuration.
- Experience in source control and deployment processes, including Github and Circle CI.
- Experience of Agile methodology and project management tools.
- A mathematical/engineering/statistics background.
- Experience with non-relational databases and Big Data.
- Data Science experience (including NLP, NLG and other Machine Learning programming).
- Knowledge of portfolio analysis and risk management and experience in building software in these areas.
For more information contact Faheem Zai at FJR Technology (London).