Operations Analyst/ Transfers Administrator (French speaker) – Fintech
Operations Analyst/ Transfers Administrator (French speaker) - Fintech
FJR Finance is representing a small, West End based Fintech to hire a permanent Operations Analyst. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a constantly growing and evolving Fintech. Our client has actually grown during Lockdown and our expanding their geographical market reach, into France. Our client needs an Operations Analyst who is fluent in French (both written and verbal to business level, with English too)
Both the interview and Onboarding process will be done either via Zoom, or Microsoft Teams and the position will be working remotely for home until further notice.
Our client is looking for someone who has previous Equity Operations experience, or Asset Transfers (Stock Transfers/ Transitions), or even any type of Banking Operations experience (with French language skills). Full on-the-job training will be provided.
Our client's role supports their new French Retail Client Equity Operations department and is a very small team, with very manual systems (mainly just Excel based). This means having the ability to get on with the work with minimal supervision (you are working remotely and will still communicate with your manager via Video, Telephone, or email etc, but just not in person), have strong communication skills (because again you will be working remotely and also because), you will be liaising directly with a high volume of retail investors, as well as Brokers (via the phone, large numbers of emails and resolving query management etc).
Also having a certain aptitude of using Excel (formatting, basic Data filtering would be good and more advanced skills such as Pivot Tables, V Lookup's are not essential, but are highly advantageous). Also showing the potential to bring ideas to the table for process improvement etc is also highly advantageous.
The Transfers Administrator is responsible for arranging the timely transfer of assets that have resulted from an investor’s participation in a retail offer through the Company platform to the investor's broker of choice.
The role holder will have responsibility for the completion of the transfer of shares to the chosen brokers by agreeing the detailed information required to settle the transaction. This will require strict adherence to policies and procedures to ensure the appropriate detail is shared to effect a timely and accurate settlement process.
The role holder will primarily be focused on the transfer of shares and broker relationships within the French markets, whilst offering assistance to UK transfers when required. Therefore, the role holder will need to be fluent in both written and spoken French and English.
The person in this role is to remain flexible in order to assist in the various areas of the Operations Department as and when required to carry out administrative tasks, for example during periods where volumes are high or in the event of unexpected staff absences.
The Transfers Administrator reports to the Settlements Manager.
- Settlement processes and market norms.
- Knowledge of French Shareholding accounts (e.g. Compte Titres Ordinaires/ PEA)
- French Payment Systems.
- Fluent French and English (written and spoken)
Key Job Accountabilities
- Ensure timely settlement of Company investor shares into their share dealing account with their chosen broker
- Adherence to settlements policies and procedures
- First point of contact for settlement queries at Company
- Develop an ongoing relationship with brokers/custodians to ensure our processes are as seamless as possible
- Technical Skills
- PC skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Basic understanding of international equity settlement procedures.
- Experience in French Custody and Settlements
- Multilingual – other than French/English
- Relevant experience within the financial services industry desired
- Data Protection regulations
- Reliable team player
- Proactive, flexible approach to working
- First-class verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound management skills
£30 k pa - £35 k pa, plus bonus, pension, healthcare etc.