Temporary to Permanent
A specialist recruitment agency servicing both the public and private sectors are seeking a Payroll Administrator
to assist with running an efficient and effective payroll service, ensuring all employees and temporary workers are provided with accurate information at all times. The role holder will process weekly payrolls, chase timesheets, ensuring all weekly data is collected and entered accurately. The job holder will calculate and administer Statutory Payment for both employees and temporary workers, where applicable.
The successful candidate will provide advice and guidance to colleagues on matters relating to pay, taxation, statutory payments and National Insurance. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining an up to date knowledge of payroll best practice, legislation as it applies to payroll, and all statutory payments and deductions.
The team are hardworking, passionate about what they do and agile to the needs of the business and we need our Payroll Administrator
to be driven by those same principles. The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience working in a high volume, complex weekly and monthly pay environment
- Enjoys working in a fast paced, commercial environment
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Have a strong team work ethic, with the willingness to get stuck in.
- Are confident in dealing with people over the phone and in person.
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent administration and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Reliable and flexible as to the needs of the business
- Must posses a solid working knowledge of statutory and legal requirements as they apply to payroll requirements.
- Computer literate with solid proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and E-mail.
- Strong experience of computerised payroll systems.
- Good level of general education, preferably ‘A’ level or higher and must have grades A - C in English and Maths (or equivalent)
The role will be based in Didsbury, and will travel to various site and office locations from time to time. The role will report directly to the Payroll Supervisor.