Portfolio Manager’s Assistant (Fluent French speaker)
Portfolio Manager’s Assistant/ Fund Manager’s Assistant (Operations): Fluent French speaker
FJR Finance is currently representing a Mayfair based, boutique but still global Asset Management company to hire a permanent French speaking Portfolio Managers Assistant/ Fund Manager’s Assistant.
This is a fantastic and unique opportunity which requires someone to provide full Operations/ Trade Support for their Fund Management team. You will report directly into and support a single Portfolio Manager, providing Operational support for their French Institutional and High-Net Worth clients based in London.
The role will involve working directly with the PM for full Operational support, as well working with other members of staff in similar teams, including separate Middle Office teams in their London and Paris offices. You MUST be able to speak and write in fluent (business level) French and English. Our client is ideally requiring someone of graduate calibre to have some Financial Services experience, ideally within an Operations, or Fund Administration, or Internship role. This is such a great opportunity to gain in experience and exposure within a small team. The learning curve is steep and challenging, but the company is still growing, so it is a great time to join them.
The role sits on their trading desk with the Fund Managers and provides full Operational Support for a range of multi-asset classes such as Funds, Mutual Funds, Fund of Funds, CFD’s, Equities, Fixed Income, FX and Private Equity.
- Trading support: Preparing trade instructions, liaising with fund managers, counterparties and middle office to ensure a quick and seamless trade process.
- Being the point of contact for custodians - providing fund documentation, reviewing corporate actions, chasing contract notes, monitoring cash balances
- Contribute to regular and bespoke reporting, presentations for existing and prospective clients and ad hoc documentation related to clients’ requests
- Maintaining clear, comprehensive and up-to-date client files, business and transaction records on interactions with clients, including trustees and corporate directors.
- Assisting in ad-hoc projects to improve on existing processes and procedures
- Creating payment instructions and following these through to confirm with the custodian
- Assisting with the completion of ad-hoc subscription documentation
- Assisting with collating information required by clients’ tax accountants and other intermediaries.
- Develop regular and ad hoc management information on the portfolio - from monitoring to scenario analysis, asset manager analysis, market trends etc
- Trade Support/ Operations experience within a Multi Asset-class Asset Management support function
- Ability to work in a small team but also as part of the broader Investment group
- Ability to prioritise work within tight deadlines and to multi-task
- Ideally of graduate calibre.
- Bloomberg (desirable)
- IMC Qualified (desirable).
£25 k pa - £40 k pa, dependent upon experience, plus bonus, pension and other benefits.