Senior Commodities Trade Finance Analyst.
Senior Commodities Trade Finance Analyst. Commodities Trade Finance Analyst.
FJR Finance (London) is currently representing a Mayfair based trading company to hire a Trade Finance Analyst.
The company have strong financial backing and a unique Structured Trade Finance offering, working within a range of different Emerging Markets to provide complex Trade Finance services and products. The role is permanent and requires someone to be hands-on in a new business, have to ability to work within a small team, able to understand the freont office and financier’s needs.
This is a relatively new business that is growing rapidly so clearly the role will progress quickly offering great career advancement.
The chosen candidate will ideally have a minimum of 5-years (relevant) Trade Finance experience within a concentrates / metals products trading house, or investment bank. The roles require a highly organised Trade Finance Analyst, with an understanding of transactional finance and trade flow and documentary credit and collection processes and tools.
Essentially our client needs someone who can communicate with banks, identify collateral and the bank’s interest in a transaction, Letters of Credit issuance (L/C’s) and presentation experience, good communication skills, l/c confirmation experience, ideally cross-commodity and is used to running a deal and being proactive not reactive within a deal.
Some of the day to day tasks:
- Communicate with banks and update on the status of transactions
- Give treasury updates on cashflow
- Protect the company’s and the bank’s security within the deal
- Checking of trade contracts
- Monitoring and performing mark to markets on inventory
- Checking for collateral and signing off on payments once all in place
- Liaise with operations on transactions
- Follow documentary, operational and payment flows within transactions to ensure timely payment (both out and in) - issue import and present under export letters of credit.
- Arrange documentary collections and follow the flow of original documentation through the transaction.
- Arrange confirmation and discounting of export letters of credit.
£60 k pa - £70 k pa, plus benefits.