Senior Java Developer
Top notch Java skills?
Want to work for a scaling fintech business?
Want to be part of a high-quality tech team?
Maybe this is for you...FJR Technology
has been retained by a high growth fintech business who is bringing a significant amount of their technology team in-house.
This forward-thinking firm are seeking a dependable, experienced senior java engineer
who will be a point of reference for the team. They will have acquired in-depth knowledge through practical experience and is capable of leading others to create and evaluate solutions to complex problems within his or her domain(s) of expertise. Purpose of the role……
Objectives of the role……
- You will keep tabs on changes in technology and be able to make suggestions on how they can be integrated.
- You will work in a small agile startup and take on the challenges and reap the benefits of an entrepreneurial organisation.
- The role primarily involves building out functionality on the platform, connectors and web services used by our clients.
- The system is built to handle processing and visualisation of millions transactions per upload made by each client.
The Software Engineer is responsible for designing, developing and delivering high-quality solutions in accordance with our product roadmap. Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of product requirements
- Design, development and testing of new features, or updates to existing ones.
- Develop and grow your skills
- Contribute to the improvements to the architecture of the system
Day to day work also includes:
A bit about you.....
- Work in conjunction with Business representatives to understand and evolve business requirements and come up with pragmatic and supportable designs
- Support to Testers throughout the SDLC
- Support to the Customer Services team to assist with the diagnosis and resolution of reported issues and defects.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the team
What you'll get back……
- Strong Java background (4+ years)
- Web MVC framework, and SOA experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Docker experience
- Database experience
- Full understanding of web application architecture
- Experience in agile development, scrum
- Restful APIs, message buses experience
- Continuous integration experience
- Git experience
- Highly competitive package
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- An international team of open-minded people
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work remotely