Senior SQL Server /Oracle DBA – Engineer
Senior Database Engineer – Financial Services – London - £85,000 - £100,000
Are you an experienced, innovative and personable Senior Database Engineer with a strong background in Financial Services? Are you able to perform a business critical role across the organisation, taking ownership of SQL Server & Oracle Databases? Do you harbour ambitions to learn more around cloud technologies and want to become an industry leader in this field? Would you like to join a thriving Financial Services organisation that continues to invest further in people, infrastructure and systems whilst they undergo a large scale digitisation of the business?
As the successful candidate you will join this Global Financial Services firm as a Senior SQL Server /Oracle DBA – Engineer. The ideal candidate will possess strong database administration and engineering skills and join a team of other highly skilled data professionals responsible for managing the data estate.
As the chosen candidate you will be responsible for the day to day support and administration of the full SQL Server and Oracle technology stack including engineering and database related projects. The role involves working closely with other Infrastructure, development, and support teams.
The current environment consists of on premise and cloud deployments (Azure SQL, AWS RDS, Oracle Cloud) as such knowledge and experience of both is highly desirable. This role also offers the opportunity to work with other database/data platforms like MongoDB and Splunk.
A combination (not all) of the below would be highly advantageous:
• Strong technical knowledge of SQL Server to 2019 and Oracle to 19c.
• Scripting skills in (T-SQL, PL/SQL, PowerShell)
• SQL Server Always On/Clustering experience
• Oracle Dataguard experience
• Experience of data cloud technologies - AWS or Azure including configuration and migration of databases from on premises to cloud.
• Administration of MongoDB and Splunk.
• Experience of Oracle Cloud (OCI)
• Experience of Azure data services and engineering (Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, Synapse, Data Bricks etc)
Salary & Benefits
In return, the successful candidate will receive a highly competitive salary in the region of £85,000 - £100,000 + bonus + benefits.
Please apply today for immediate consideration.