Software Engineering Manager
Looking to take on a challenge with a mature start up that is poised to take on significant growth?
This business has developed a SaaS solution that can be used in multiple markets. Ticketing, payment, loyalty programmes to name a few. The client base is already impressive, but the growth opportunities are huge.The role
of the Development Manager is to manage the delivery of current and future products. The role takes responsibility for the development of high-quality products on a day-to-day basis to agreed timeframes. The role is not hands-on but there is an expectation that a deep technical understanding is necessary, as is leading the continuous review of development practices, standards and guidelines.
The role will suit a detail-oriented software development professional who is passionate about producing great software as well as comfortable with broader thinking, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deliver successfully in a collaborative environment. This role will require exceptional communication and management skills to engage with internal and external stakeholders.Summary of essential job functions
This position will be responsible for the following;
Experience & Qualifications
- Take and maintain ownership of software development
- Management, leadership and mentoring of the development team
- Work with the project managers to scope, plan and deliver release schedules and manage prioritisation of new requirements for both as they occur during the development cycle.
- Ensure that processes are followed and continually improved, reporting against progress and performance metrics.
- Understanding of business requirements and the process of translating them into well-engineered and integrated technical solutions using reusable components.
- Working as a senior member of a cross functional team comprised of Architecture, Development, DevOps, and QA
- Making technical design decisions in line with department standards and strategy
- Playing a key role in identifying and championing improvements in the areas of technology, process, and product
- Identify individual and team objectives that are driven by clear market opportunities aligned with company strategy and principles.
- Liaise with technical staff at customer and partner organisations
- Substantial experience in managing high performing software development teams that have delivered on-time, quality software
- Substantial experience with an Agile methodology and different software methodologies - including working with a Lean methodology or Scrum, XP or a similar Agile methodology.
- Thorough understanding of Test-Driven Development and/or Behaviour Driven Development.
- Experience with large systems provided as a service (e.g. PaaS, SaaS), payment gateways with significant scale of users, transaction throughput and product complexity
- Strong skills in working with the business, and building understanding of their processes
- Experience of a Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery environment
- A technical background with a good understanding of how to build maintainable applications optimised for operations, APIs/interfaces, databases, user facing apps and web sites/mobile apps
- Any experience of mobile development in iOS, Android or HTML5 is a significant bonus
This is a great time to get involved with this business. Please get in touch with Neil Owen at Frazer John Recruitment (London) asap.
- All of the following:
- .NET (Other languages considered dependent on overall experience)
- Desirable skills:
- AWS experience