Treasury Operations Manager
The RoleTreasury Operations Manager
FJR Finance is representing a City-based Bank to hire a permanent Treasury Operations Manager. The role is permanent and the chosen candidate must have some experience of working within Treasury Operations, with both hands-on, as well as Management experience; in the sense that the role requires signing off on trades and authorising Payments, but also managing x 3 others, as well as checking other team members work, appraisals, one-to-ones, objective setting etc. The role has arisen due to the current incumbent moving into a new role internally.
Our client is looking for Operations exposure to regular Treasury products (e.g. FX/ MM/ EXP/ CD) including SWIFT formatting for Payments and Confirmations, but ideally also be strong Fixed Income Settlements/ Trade processing and Euroclear knowledge. Having some aptitude of OTC Derivatives i.e. Interest Rate Swaps and/ or Loans would also be advantageous.
The company is small in London, so there is also a requirement to sometimes be trained and get involved with their Treasury Operations. They boast a great work-life balance and a friendly working environment.Products covered
FX, MMK, NDF, CD, ECP, Repo, Fixed Income, IRS, CIRS, Futures, GMTN, Corporate LoansAspects of Operations covered within the team
All – including input, confirmations, payments, reporting, filing, client and settlement agent liaisons and valuationsSystems Used
Internal proprietary system, Murex, Swift Alliance (via internal proprietary systems and independently), Euroclear, Easyway, Word and ExcelRole Key Tasks:
The Role is very hands on due to the variety of products, system restrictions and team numbers.
The Operations Manager will primarily be responsible for the smooth running of all processes within the department, including but not limited to the following.
- The approval and release of payments to clients
- The final approval stage of transaction input
- The checking of Corporate Loan activity processed
- Responsible for the investigation and resolution of any claims or queries relating to the teams’ activities in all products
- Responsible for the storage and recording of off-site data
- Supporting the team in all aspects of settlements by learning their responsibilities also
- Maintaining and providing reporting to management as and when required
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication channels with traders, clients and colleagues including Management
- Responsible for ensuring that within the group there is adequate cover during absences by initiating frequent staff training and practise sessions
- To recruit quality individuals to the group as and when required
- To ensure that all functions within the group are fully documented, including a periodical update of Job Descriptions and Operations Manuals
- To test out software upgrading for KINS and Murex before acceptance including liaising with developers in Seoul.
Liaison and co-operation with other departments is a major part of the job, and confidence in their abilities to be able to handle queries when they arise is required.Candidate Requirements
Previous man-management experience is essential in a similar sized environment and team with exposure to as many of our listed products as possible, with emphasis on Treasury products, Fixed Income Securities, Cash Management and Swift messaging.
A good understanding of standard market terminology is required
Excellent English communication skills are also a requirement as you would be working in an environment where English is not always the first language spoken
Flexible work attitude and willingness to participate in hands on team workTraining Provided
There will be a transitional / cross over period with the current Operations Manager
New staffs are required to learn how to process and be prepared to participate in all stages of the work flow as part of training and also be able to cover wherever required at all levels.Salary
£50 k pa- £55 k pa (plus Bonus, Pension & benefits.